“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” John 13:34
It’s our heart to love others as Jesus loves them. To us that sometimes looks like providing pantry items, ministering to our community, helping orphans, standing up for justice and taking care of the needs of the church. We believe that the church is the only organism that exists for the sake of non-members.
If you are looking for a place to serve, please review the LHC volunteer opportunities below and the organizations to the left whom we support in some form.
If you are unsure how you best can serve and be refreshed, please take the, Discover Your Spiritual Gifts Survey. This can give you an idea of your strengths and hopefully point you in the right direction.
Lake Highlands Church Volunteer Opportunities
New Neighbors Ministry
- Welcome new nearby neighbors by taking a candle gift to those who have recently moved in and introduce yourself.
Please contact L.D. McCoy.
- Invest in children by teaching a 9:30 a.m. Bible class for a month (or more as desired). You are provided with a user-friendly lesson curriculum and training as needed. Children are divided into classes by ages. Range of ages is 6 months through 6th grade.
- Help a teacher in one of the 9:30 a.m. Bible classrooms listed above.
- Be a part of a one-time-a-month Power Up team where a team teaches and engages a group of children during the sermon. This class format encourages praise and worship, drama, puppet skits, and more! User-friendly lesson curriculum is provided and training as needed.
- Support a child with special needs by becoming a part of our Side-By-Side Ministry team. These volunteers stay with their assigned child during the Assembly either in a specialized classroom, or as needed in a typical classroom. Most volunteers help once a month, or once every 8 weeks.
- Become a part of our Babies/Toddlers team and once every 8 weeks you are “on call” to help care for these precious little ones during the Assembly if needed. You and a LHC Childcare Provider(s) work together to take care of these children so that their parents can more easily participate in the Assembly.
- Be a Substitute Childcare Provider and care for children ages 6 months through 2 years from 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. This is a paid position and earns $10 per hour.
- Be a mentor to our 5th and 6th grade students by becoming a part of our Friends Network Ministry. This group of adults and “tweens” meets several times throughout the school year.
Please contact Merilee Withrow. All positions require a background check.
Frontline Ministry (Greeting Team)
Do you enjoy meeting new people and welcoming those that you already know to church each Sunday? The Frontline Ministry team would love to have you join us. We need happy (or at least smiley) people to join our team as “door greeters”. As a door greeter you would welcome people as they enter the auditorium and give them a church bulletin. You would greet from 10:25 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. on your assigned Sunday. This is a great opportunity to serve and meet new people.
- Door Greeters: happy and friendly people, or willing to learn how to be happy and friendly, from 10:25 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. once a month.
- Information Desk: after assembly in Lobby to thank people for coming, answer questions, and give out gifts to our guests, from 12 Noon until 12:30 p.m. once a month.
- Scouts (new role for 2017): looks for guests or new faces to welcome to church, from 10:30 a.m. until 10:45 a.m. and 12 Noon until 12:30 p.m. once a month.
Please contact Phil Garnett by texting or calling 214-803-2432.
- Event coordinator
- Online presence coordinator
- Mentor and discipleship coordinator
Please contact Michael Perkins.
- Mentor one person, or one family.
- Assist International members in applying for jobs or government services.
- Make phone calls to International members about upcoming church events.
- Be a substitute van driver for back up reasons, or serve on Sunday morning monthly rotation.
- Pick up an international family in my car for class and take them home after church.
- Help disciple/mentor one of our 7th-12th grade students.
- Drive the van in a monthly rotation on Wednesday nights.
- Assist graduating seniors register for college or find training programs.
Please contact Dela Kouevi. All positions require a background check.
Praise and Assemblies Ministry
- Vocalists (soloists and choir, age 8-adult)mailto:email@example.com
- Instrumentalists (bass, drums, guitars, keyboards, strings, wind and percussion)
- Sound engineers
- Projectionists (create and run projected visuals during assemblies)
- Lighting designer/operator
Please contact David Chrane (214-348- 0460 x14) for interview or audition.
- Many prayer warriors to flood the throne with our praise and petitions. Receive prayer needs, via email, of those within the LHC family or who are connected to the family.
- Intercessors who are willing to pray for those outside the LHC family who ask for prayers.
- Small team of intercessory hearts to pray for confidential or anonymous requests.
- Help with special prayer needs and events that come up so that we can quickly mobilize prayer efforts.
Please contact Keri Reynolds.